The Main Items
Items are the building blocks of an ADRIFT adventure. There are ten types of items in ADRIFT. These are:
- Locations - Places that can be visited by the player
- Objects - Anything that can be examined by the player. Some objects can be picked up, whilst others are fixed in place.
- Tasks - The power behind ADRIFT. Tasks do things.
- Characters - Similar to objects, but characters can move of their own accord, and can engage in conversation with the player.
- Events - Things that can happen at different times in the game, independently from what the player types.
- Variables - Temporary storage for numbers and text.
- Groups (Classes) - Collections of locations, objects or characters than can be treated the same way.
- Properties - Any attribute of a location, object or character.
- Text Overrides - Tweaking the final text output.
- Hints - In game help for the player.
- Synonyms - Alter input text before it gets parsed.
- User Functions - Create your own custom functions for outputting or evaluating complex information.